Subject: PCLW TO PAR
From: [email-masked] (Glenn Phillips)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 95 23:27 PDT

P>Does anybody know how to record directly from PCLW to the PAR drive?
 >I'm renderig all frames to my main drive, and then, I can copy/import
 >them to the PAR drive. I think it is a WIN problem. LW can't "see"
 >the PAR drive.
 >How can I record directly to a anim type PAR format?
 >Please, Help !!!!!!

Save your rgb's to the par drive as name.tga hit ok and choose the
name001.xxx format for saving. If in the save as dialogue box it
gives you some message about not being able to access a network drive or
some such nonsense, hit ok again, it should work.  I think you shouldn't
access the dos par software from dos before saving files
from lightwave to it or it will will only save the last frame rendered
and overwrite previous frames.

I just received the NT software for the par and it works much better.
One of the cool things it does is allows all your programs to see the
ani files as a whole bunch of individual tga files. they can be post
processed by any graphic program that reads tga. Say for instance you
wanted to apply a photoshop filter to some frames, you don't have to
have them on your harddrive but can access them directly off the par.

I hope that helps.
                                                                                               
--
[email-masked] (Glenn Phillips) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]